TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY OF ELECTRICITY
PROCEDURE FOR ARRANGING POWER SUPPLY ON TEMPORARY BASIS
Any person desirous of availing temporary power supply shall
comply with the requirements of this chapter.
19. Procedure Applicable To The Power Supply Of Not More Than 2 KW
Without Extension Of The Distributing Main :-
Temporary supply for one day to public meetings and government
functions with a connected load of 2 KW or less will be extended on payment of a fixed
charge of Rs.50/- per service or as applicable as per tariff in force.
20. Procedure Applicable To Low Tension Power Supply Of Not More Than
10 KW And Not More Than 15 Days, Without Extension Of The Distributing Main :-
(1) The prospective consumer shall apply for temporary supply
in the prescribed form to the O&M sub-division office. He shall pay fixed charges
towards service and consumption charges as noted below :-
|(i) For marriages and other functions
||Sanctioned load of 2 Kw or less
||Rs.50/- per day subject to a minimum of Rs.100/- per service
||Sanctioned load of more than 2 Kw but less than 5 Kw
||Rs.100/- per day subject to a minimum of Rs.200/- per service
||Sanctioned load of 5 Kw or more nut less than 10 Kw
||Rs.200/- per day subject to a minimum of Rs.400/- per service
|(ii) For floor polishing and water pumping and such other
construction purposes :
||Sanctioned load of 3 Kw or less
||Rs.30/- per day.
(2) The consumer shall get all the wiring works including
service line work done through the contractor, at his cost. However, the service line work
shall be commenced only after orders sanctioning the temporary supply are issued by the
(3) The consumer is responsible for obtaining the required permit/licence etc., as may
benecessary under any law. He shall furnish a certificate to the effect that he has
obtained all such documents and also, attach copies thereof to the application.
Note: Permit/licence is not required for floor polishing , water pumping, marriages
and domestic functions.
(4) The installation will be serviced by the Officer concerned by direct connection
without a meter.
(5) The date of availing the temporary supply may be got amended by the consumer, by
applying to the authority who has issued the orders before the commencement date indicated
in the order. However, any alternate date proposed shall commence within 15 days of the
date of the first order.
(6) In case, the temporary supply is not availed as above, the charges paid will be
(7) In case any permit / licence / No Objection Certificate is withdrawn by the competent
authority after the installation is serviced, the installation will be disconnected
forthwith and will be reconnected only after the permit / licence / No Objection
Certificate is restored. Further, the department shall not be liable for damages or
reduction of any charges and no refund will be permissible on this account.
21. Procedure Applicable For Low Tension Temporary Supply In Other
Cases With Or Without Extension Of Distributing Main :-
(1) The prospective consumer shall apply in the prescribed
form to the jurisdictional O&M sub-division office. Power will be sanctioned, if
technically feasible, by the competent authority. The consumer shall pay service charges.
(2) The consumer shall further deposit estimated power consumption charges for the energy
calculated at twelve units per KW. Per day or as specified in the tariff whichever is
higher. This will be adjusted towards periodical bills at the prevailing tariff rates
based on the actual consumption and any balance amount at his credit after the availment
or temporary supply, will be refunded to him on application and any shortfall shall be
paid by the consumer.
(3) The consumer is responsible for obtaining permit/licence/No Objection Certificates
etc., required under any law. He shall furnish a certificate to this effect and furnish
copies thereof along with the completion-cum-test report of the contractor.
(4) The extension of the distributing main is normally carried out by the department.
However, the consumer may get this work done through a contractor as per the rules and
(5) On receipt of wiring diagram and completion-cum-test report of the contractor in the
prescribed form and copies of permit /licence/No Objection Certificates etc., temporary
supply will be sanctioned by the department.
(6) Any change in the dates of availment shall be got approved by the consumer, by
applying to the Officer who has issued the order, before the commencement date indicated
in the order. Any alternate dates shall commence within one month from the date of orders.
(7) If power is not availed as above, the estimated power consumption charges paid by the
consumer will be refunded after deducting the tariff equal to minimum charges for the
period of temporary supply applied for, on receipt of refund application in the prescribed
(8) The installation will be serviced by the Officer concerned by providing a suitable
(9) For further extension of the period of temporary supply, the consumer shall apply to
the jurisdictional Assistant Executive Engineer/Assistant Engineer in charge of
distribution, at least one week before the date of expiry of temporary supply, duly paying
the power supply charges upto date.
22. Procedure Applicable For Temporary Usage In The Premises Already
Having Permanent Supply :-
(1) Use of power within consumers premises for Temporary
purposes for bonafide domestic use is permitted subject to the condition that the total
load of the installation of the system does not exceed the sanctioned load. However, this
is subject to change from time to time as may be prescribed in the tariff.
(2) Where it is intended to use floor polishing equipment and such other portable
equipment temporarily in a premises having permanent supply, and such other portable
equipment shall be provided with an earth leakage circuit breaker of adequate capacity.
23. Procedure Applicable For Temporary High Tension Supply :-
The provisions under clause 21 are generally applicable for
temporary high tension supply also. However, the estimated consumption charges shall be
payable in advance as detailed below :-
(per month or fraction thereof)
||On 100% contract demand as demand as per tariff
||On 7 units per KVA of contract demand per day
||Also service charges shall not be less than Rs.500/-
Note : The energy entitlement shall be as may be fixed
from time to time.
24. Other Conditions Applicable For Temporary Supply :-
(1) The other provisions under permanent supply shall also be
applicable to temporary supply, whether Low Tension or High Tension, so far as they are
(2) Temporary supply shall be extended only for construction and testing purposes and not
for running an Industry.